What Parents Say
- My son looks forward to his time with Mrs. Stevenson. She establishes a safe environment for him to learn difficult math concepts at this own pace.Parent
- As a parent of a Pre-Algebra math student at Scottsdale Preparatory Academy, I am grateful to Mrs. Stevenson for her teaching expertise and her wonderful ability to make learning fun. Mrs. Stevenson has great knowledge and insight about the school’s math curriculum. Her lesson plans are well thought out and designed to reinforce the math concepts introduced in class. Mrs. Stevenson provides support, guidance, and helpful test- taking skills that assist my son in his ability to perform well in all of his classes. My son looks forward to his time with Mrs. Stevenson. She establishes a safe environment for him to learn difficult math concepts at this own pace. She engages her students to collaborate in a nurturing environment that leads to increased confidence and comprehension. My son’s grades have improved dramatically as a result of his time with Mrs. Stevenson. Mrs. Stevenson has been a positive instrument for change in my son’s academic performance. She demonstrates great compassion and dedication to her students and their parents. I highly recommend Mrs. Kristen Stevenson as a math tutor.
Parent of Pre-Algebra StudentScottsdale Preparatory Academy
- After searching for weeks to find the right math tutor for our two daughters, we were extremely fortunate to find Mrs. Stevenson. Our youngest daughter, who is in middle school, has found Mrs. Stevenson to be an invaluable resource in helping her to navigate higher level math concepts. Our daughter says Mrs. Stevenson explains the math more thoroughly than any of her teachers and works out the math problems at the same time she is working out the problem, so they can compare their answers. Thanks to Mrs. Stevenson, we have seen our daughter gain confidence with math and be successful in her pre- algebra and algebra classes. Mrs. Stevenson also played a critical role in helping our oldest daughter prepare for the SAT. Her SAT math scores improved significantly as a result of Mrs. Stevenson’s tutoring. We highly recommend Mrs. Stevenson. She is always prepared and organized, very professional, and sets high expectations for herself and her students.Parent of High School Student
- “We are extremely fortunate to have found Kristen Stevenson. She has given our daughter the confidence and foundation she didn’t have previously when it came to math. In just a few short months, our daughter’s grade improved. Mrs. Stevenson has taken away the stress math was causing. Mrs. Stevenson has used various learning styles to match our daughter’s learning needs. Mrs. Stevenson always is positive, full of energy, nurturing and ready to go. Our daughter comes out smiling each day and looks forward to the next session. We know with all confidence, Mrs. Stevenson can help your child too!”
Parents of Algebra StudentScottsdale Preparatory Academy
- “My fifth grade son returned from a day of ‘shadowing’ at a prospective middle school and excitedly exclaimed, ‘I’m going back tomorrow for pie.’ After my initial confusion, I was quickly informed that Mrs. Stevenson’s sixth grade pre-Algebra class had been learning about the mathematical concept “pi” all week and the next day was the culmination of the lesson with special activities including enjoying delicious slices of pie.
THIS is what I had always imagined a successful classroom setting to be like.active learning where the students are excited and engaged in their lessons. Mrs. Stevenson is exceptional at making math interesting and hands-on. She engages ALL learners in her multiple teaching methods and builds self-esteem as children master concepts. Through her positive reinforcement, my son truly has a love for learning math!Jana F.
- My daughter’s confidence, understanding of and competency in math has blossomed the last two years! She began coming to Mrs. Stevenson during a very challenging 7th grade year where the pace in her pre-algebra class seemed more important than ensuring she understood and owned the concepts to assimilate the next ones. Her test anxiety also inhibited her in demonstrating her proficiency and knowledge of these concepts. Mrs. Stevenson’s calm demeanor, positive attitude, uplifting spirit, differentiated approach and chunking the pieces of the pre-algebra/algebra skills for optimal understanding and retention has been wonderful and quite successful! My daughter feels she is capable to take on any of math’s challenges that may come her way!Parents of Algebra StudentPinnacle High School
- “At the recommendation of my daughter’s teacher after a conference in January 2013 regarding the struggles in math she was having we were fortunate enough to meet Mrs. Stevenson. Mrs. Stevenson asked to see her math work and tests. After taking a look, she saw that my daughter was missing some foundation level understanding and, obviously, in order to keep moving forward, that knowledge needed to be addressed more. My daughter’s math class as a whole and what material the teacher is teaching moves rapidly, so deciding to give my daughter just two days of week with Mrs. Stevenson to help support her was and has been the answer! The environment is lively when Mrs. Stevenson is teaching. She lets the students be proactive and also interactive so they do not get bored. She also lets them feel good about themselves when they can think their way through problems or find out where a mistake may have been made. Most importantly, my daughter feels supported knowing that she can have some extra explanation with a lesson that has been taught in school and the personal attention she gets is so valuable not only to her but also to me as a parent. My daughter is happy to go to tutoring and happy when I pick her up. I will continue to keep my daughter on board with Mrs. Stevenson for as long as she needs it.”
Parents of Pre-AlgebraScottsdale Preparatory Academy
- “This letter is written in strong recommendation of Mrs. Kristen Stevenson.
My daughter at (age 13.5 years) became a student of Mrs. Stevenson in the Fall of 2011. She was challenged in the area of math proficiency, particularly the discipline of proving out Algebraic work on paper. While a gifted individual who previously achieved top grades in elementary school with minimal effort, my daughter found herself suffering in higher math and was personally demoralized when we discover Mrs. Stevenson.
Initially, my daughter displayed frustrations with respect to the meticulous detail Mrs. Stevenson requires of all of her Algebra students. Mrs. Stevenson responded with considerable patience, perseverance and with an unwavering commitment to excellence. It became immediately evident that Mrs. Stevenson was not only interested in my daughter’s academic success – but also cared deeply about her as a person.”
Read MoreParents of Algebra StudentDesert Mountain High School